Sunday, August 3:
- Worship @ 10:00: Tony’s message is Thessalonica. Worship Leader: Chris Walker; Greeter: Junior Baker; Usher: Jeff Snapp; Nursery: Oralea Pittman.
- Worship @ 10:00: Chris Walker and Rose Canter share stories about “My journey of reconciliation.” Worship Leader: Wayne Yoder; Greeter: Florence Bucher; Usher: Stacy Wren; Nursery: Rose Canter & Bev Campbell.
- Pastor’s Schedule: Office: Mon. - Thurs. mornings. OC Delegate Mtg. Saturday – Millersburg, OH.
- Worship Ministry Team Meeting: Monday, Aug. 4th, 7:30 p.m. @ Tony’s home.
- Leadership Team Meeting: Tuesday, Aug. 5th, 7:30 p.m. @ Jubilee.
- Farm Succession Planning seminar: Tuesday, Aug. 5th, 6:30 – 8 pm @ Der Dutchman, Plain City.
- MVS Unit informational meeting: Wed., Aug. 6th, 7 pm @ Bethel Mennonite Church.
- Ohio Conference Special Delegate Meeting: Sat., Aug. 9th
August Missions Project: MCC School Kits
Pastor Tony has been accepted into AMBS' Continuing Education Seminar: Spiritual Guidance. The seminar is designed for persons seeking to develop skills in the ministry of spiritual direction. Classes meet throughout 2014-15 school year in Elkhart beginning August 14-16.
We are in need of additional nursery volunteers during the worship service. Please contact Lori Carter if you are willing to serve. If you are currently on the list and wish to be removed, let Lori know that as well. Thanks to all you faithful volunteers; the parents of the little ones greatly appreciate you!
The Joint Ministry Team met July 15 to discuss various ways of extending hospitality. The team approved:
- Creating a Jubilee Facebook page as another way of communicating with each other and the larger community
- Scheduling quarterly events open to the public, e.g., concerts, movies, euchre tournaments, etc.
- Extending the fellowship time between Sunday school and worship from 15 to 30 min. on a trial basis
- Pursue placing signage for Jubilee on Rt. 47
- Modifications in the sanctuary and fellowship area to add color and improve sound quality
- Partnering with Everence to expand Jubilee's financial assistance ministry in the local community
Everence presents “Farm Succession Planning” on Tues., Aug. 5th from 6:30 – 8 pm at the Der Dutchman, Plain City. Information on strategies for passing the farm to the next generation will be shared. Refreshments and desserts provided. Please RSVP to (614) 873-7773 or email@example.com.
An informational meeting with Neil Richer of MMN will take place on Wed., August 6th @ 7 p.m. @ Bethel Mennonite to discuss the possibility of establishing an MVS Unit in West Liberty.
Outdoor Worship Service: Sunday, August 24th @ Mary Rutan Park.
Ohio Mennonite Women’s Retreat: Sept. 19-21 @ Camp Luz. The retreat features speaker Vicki Conn of Martin’s Creek Mennonite Church in addition to several workshops. See bulletin board for more information.
Mennonite Mission Network Prayer Request: Last week, Muslims around the world finished celebrating Ramadan, their holiest month of the year. MMN personnel in Muslim contexts find that this is a time of increased spiritual openness. Today, pray that Muslims would encounter Jesus in life-giving ways.
Getting started with money. You’re gaining financial independence, so this is a great time to learn about how to manage your money to prepare for graduating from high school, going to college or getting your first job. Learn more at what our church is offering through Everence at everence.com/getting-started.